Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting service is related to hoarding and/or sharing certain content on a hosting server hosted by a hosting distributor. There are different categories of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's survey these. Doing so, you can elect what you want, depending on whether you wish to create a web page, mail address accounts, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service made available by some providers, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free file hosting services are often supported by displaying advertisements next to the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific stretch of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a totally incongruous explanation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would share the load between independent sets of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various site hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a sort of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific firms offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting brand is suitable if you want to share a vast amount of pics with friends or acquaintances since the service is mostly free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to managing your e-mail box accounts. Some vendors provide website hosting services for sites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you would like to possess a mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can set up electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip produces a particular amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred visitors, you may have difficulty with your site hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will allow you to run as many videos as you want to without bothering about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to keep a website. To some extent, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and mail addresses, upload videos, and so on. At Celphi Network Systems Corp. (Celphi.com), for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that allow you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the routine email/file/video/image hosting plans that are intended for specific content solely.